Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm Back

Olivia, Kayten and I have been gone for the last couple of weeks staying at my sisters house in Queen Creek taking care of her little boy (Kyle) and watching her house for her. She and her husband went back to the Ukraine to adopt Kyle's two older sisters. If you don't know her story then you gotta check out her blog. Anyway, we did lots of fun things. Kyle and Olivia were like brothers and sisters with a love hate relationship. Most of the day they played really well but by the night time they disagreed a lot more :o) Here are some fun pictures of all the things that we got to do and see. But first, before I do that, I want to tell you a little bit about Olivia and her Allergies! She is allergic to a lot of things and we are still learning new things she is allergic to. This picture is what type of allergic reaction she had to the COSTCO brand of fruit snacks my sister had in her pantry! CRAZY, I started freaking out and gave her a little bit more than her normal dose of Benedryl. It took two hours for that enormous lip to go down!!!! Poor girl.

Ok, with that being said (you can laugh at the pic...I do find it funny now) here are some fun pictures of my trip:
One day we went to the Ostrich Farm and fed the Ostrich, deer, birds and donkeys! Kyle wasn't to sure about all of it and kept giving me the food and pushing my hand to the animals for me to feed them...it was so funny.
Kyle was laughing and SCREAMING so LOUD. I think he was enjoying himself :o)
Ok, so you couldn't really feed the Ostrich because they would peck your hand right off. So, pretty much you had to chuck the food into those tins and then run :o) But it was fun!
These birds were so awesome. You walk into this enormous bird cage and hold out this liquid food and they would come sit on your head, hands, and arms. So, Kyle didn't like these birds and would SCREAM at there poor little heads. One bird snipped at him....maybe that's why he didn't like them. Donovan and I were laughing so hard, I don't think I have ever seen a little boy afraid of a bird like that.
After a fun and HOT day we went home. Another day my sister in-law Leah and I took her kids and mine to this new place called Jump and Shout in Mesa. I highly recommend it. Way fun!!
Please excuse Olivia's hair. She has the weirdest hair by the end of the day it's a frow mow and when we went here to play all the static and sweat just made it worse. It's actually really funny.
Then, another day my sister in-law Leah took Kayten for me while I took her girl Janessa, Kyle and Olivia to Jeepers. They had a blast playing with each other on the rides and jungle gym.

The rest of the time they played and played. We were happy to go help Aunt Gwee (Joy) We love you Joy!!!!

5 comments:

Kay said...

Looks like you guys just had tons of fun! Wish we could've been there. And that's a pretty funny picture of Olivia, but it's only funny after you freak out and give medicine. I'm telling you, Zyrtec works so much better, it makes the swelling go down much much faster. See you in a couple days!

Schagel Family said...

Poor Olivia. I am glad it wasn't worse. It looks like you had a lot of fun. But I am glad you are back

Snort said...

Looks like fun- I didn't even know that those places existed!

Oh, and Olivi looks like she could be Angelina Jolie's daughter in her allergy pic!

Ken and Joy said...

Ha! I am laughing at your post...mainly because Olivia's lip (I felt really bad when it happened, but you are right, we can laugh now). All the pics are so cute. Thanks again for moving your fam down here temporarily! It really helped us out. I know Kyle had fun, and everyday he asks for Yah-Yah.

Love you guys!

heidi said...

i can't belive oliva's lip. way to blog, love the pictures.