Ok, so I need some input.....I've put Olivia in a dance class twice a week. The first half hour they tap dance and the second half, ballet. She has been in the class for two weeks now and I am debating on whether or not I should keep her in. At home she is so excited to go to class and can't wait to put her "beautiful princess" clothes on and she says "Mommy, I promise to dance today" and then when we get there she won't do much. In fact, she pretty much stands in the corner of the room. Although, her teacher said that she starts to tap her feet and do what they are doing when she thinks no one is watching her but then the minute they praise her....she stops. What a stinker!! So, what should I do....keep her in a little bit longer or just take her out? I can always try again next year....I guess. She just gets so excited to go, until we get there. Strange Girl!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
it sounds like she's similar to carlee in that she doesn't like to draw attention to herself in those sort of things. that's a tough one, I'd say stick it out a little longer and maybe even threten her with taking her out if she doesn't partisipate within say (i don't know) the next week & if she doesn't pull her out and try again next year
How sad...and she makes such a cute ballerina. Sounds like she wants to dance, but is feeling a bit shy. Maybe she will feel more comfortable after a couple more classes. Good luck!
Post a Comment