Saturday, March 15, 2008

Green Goopy Eye Goblin


So, since we have all been a little sick Kayten got this green goopy stuff that would come out of her eyes, almost two weeks ago, then she started to get better and as it was going away Olivia got it…then after a couple of days hers started to go away and then I GOT IT!!! So, after a couple of days with this nasty goopy stuff coming out of my eyes it started to go away and then would you believe it.....Kayten got it ,then Olivia and then me again. I decided that I probable should get some medicine. So, off to the doctors we went and sure enough it is a contagious infection that will keep cycling between us if we don't kill it. YUCK! My doctor gave me the prescription to go fill and off I went thinking YES we are finally going to get rid of the green goopy eye goblin :o) I had to share this with you because when I went to pick up the prescription I was SHOCKED that it cost me $30.00 with insurance! The lady said that it would have cost $98.00 without insurance so I thought...ok, that’s not too bad...plus the box was the size of a normal visine bottle. Well, much to my surprise I pulled it out of the box and it was the size of a nickel!!! I had to post a picture with it next to a normal size visine bottle. Anyway, you are probable laughing but I can't help thinking "there goes a 1 buck and that’s 2 bucks" every time I put those drops in our eyes....I MEAN IT IS LIQUID GOLD!!


On another note...I finally finished the quilt I told you guys that I made out of my blanket scraps and thought I would post a picture. Please don't look to close because there are flaws. Also, keep in mind I have never made a quilt out of scraps before so for a beginner....not to bad...right???

4 comments:

Unknown said...

GLAD to know the Goopies are getting the boot, and the quilt is adorable.

heidi said...

man, i'm sorry you kept getting sick.

i can NOT believe how expensive some meds are, it's crazy. my nasal spray, i had to pay the same price it was rediculous

such a cute quilt, way to go, i know that's not easy & yours looks really good

molly said...

That quilt is adorable! Someday I will learn to sew :)
And as for the eye meds... CRAZY!

Mathie Fam said...

Hey Jordan. I found your blog through Shawn's. Hope that is ok! I hope you guys had fun In Mesa! By the way, the quilt looks awesome! I have wanted to do something like that!