Sunday, February 3, 2008

Shots

Hey everyone, I thought I would update you on my little kiddos. It hasn't been a very fun last few days. I took both my girls to Thatcher to get their shots. Olivia got three and Kayten got five shots! I don't think I will ever get both their shots at the same time again. The first day Olivia seemed fine, no fever or anything but pore Kayten's legs would hurt anytime she moved them. Even when she would be trying to sleep you would hear some moaning in her sleep because she moved her legs a little bit. Then, Olivia woke up that night with a 103 fever and I have had to keep her on Tylenol/Motrin ever since. Last night was so bad I called the emergency room because she was a 103.7 and they said bring her in right now. But, I said a prayer and had a feeling to try a cool bath...that brought her fever down to 100.6 and then we had the missionaries come help Donovan give her a blessing. She has kept her fever down since the blessing, isn't it amazing how heavenly father answers prayers? Anyway, I feel like the meanest mother because I gave this to both my little girls....as Donovan has reminded me that this sickness is better than getting what the shots help prevent. I still feel like a mean mother! My poor little babies.
They are both doing a lot better but I decided to stay home from church just to stay on the safe side.

3 comments:

Snort said...

I HATE shots and double doses, poor you! My doc told me to try and avoid the ER for fevers because they really can't do anything but run tests and put on cold compresses... but Adi got 104 temp before and I started to think that the doc was wrong. Thank goodness for blessings!

Schagel Family said...

I am so glad they are feeling better. It is so not fun taking more than one kid in for shots. Yes, Heavenly Father is the greatest!

heidi said...

poor girls. these shots do give some grief sometimes. carlee hasn't had any problems from shots but Preston has, i think it's crazy.

so amazing, i love blessings