This last few weeks have been so hard on my sweet Olivia. Ever since she got those darn shots she just hasn't felt very well. Olivia has always got high fevers with shots but I have decided now that from now on I will only let the doctor give her one shot at a time. Her poor little immune system just can't fight off so many vaccinations at once. Now, Kayten on the other hand does just fine...every child is different.
Anyway, after Olivia was given her blessing last week she was doing great for about three days and then came Sunday. We had a great morning, she was so excited to get to wear her new dress that I bought for her (because it is PINK, her favorite color) then as we were sitting in sacrament meeting she started to get really hot and act all lethargic. Olivia laid her head down on my lap and then I new something was wrong. Donovan ran home to get the thermometer and sure enough it was 103.7. I handed my lesson (I was suppose to teach in YW's) to lady in front of me and told to give it to the YW's president and then left for home. All the way home Olivia kept saying "I don't feel good mommy" by the time we got home her temp was 104 and rising. I called my brother (he is a paramedic) in tears and told him what was going on and that I was getting so worried because her poor little body has had such high fevers for the past week and a half. He calmed me down and told be what to do and then suggest that it would be best to take her to the doctors first thing in the morning if she was still running a fever. Yep...the next morning 104 AGAIN so to the doctors we went. He checked her for strep but she didn't have that so he sent us to the hospital to do blood work on her so they could see if she has a bacterial infection.
Ok- so the hospital was the worst thing I have ever had to do to my little angel I wanted to KILL the nurse! They had to take so much blood that they pulled it from both arms. The first arm wasn't too bad, she cried but was such a good girl, it was the second arm that I was about to deck the nurse. He missed her vein and started poking around trying to find it (YOU DON'T DO THAT WITH A 2 YEAR OLD!!!) She is screaming and saying that she just wants to go home, this is when I lost it and start crying....it was horrible when we got in the car to go home I looked at her and told her that I was so sorry and that I love her so much she said "its ok mommy, it's all over" that made me cry even more!!!
Long story short the test results came back and she does have a bacterial infection so we have her on some antibiotics as well as the Tylenol/Motrin for her fevers. What a week! I love my little sweetheart; guess I'm not as strong as I thought I was. I am real hoping these antibiotics will fix this problem. I just can't stand to see her like this. Anyway, I will keep you posted on her progress!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
My Poor little Girl
Posted by Anonymous at 4:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
How horrible! You are stronger than you think, girl. It's just that when someone is causing your kids pain and you can't do a thing about it, it is so frustrating and horrible that a mom tends to crack. We have all been there- more than once on my part. I hope Olivia will get better fast!
I am so sorry about Olivia. I am glad that you found out what is wrong. I hope she gets better really soon. Please let me know if you need anything.
ooh poor oliva! i'm sorry! that makes me feel so bad! and you didn't even mention it to me on the phone today. i'm sorry, i hope i didn't add more stress/frustration. anyway thanks so much for your help, you are the best.
You go Mama Bear!! Get well Olivia.
Que horible!!!! I am so sorry about Miss Olivia!! Poor baby!! :o(
Post a Comment