Monday, January 21, 2008

A New Friend



Olivia and I just got Lucky! A new family moved into our Ward and only 6 houses down the street from us. The mother (Kay) is my age and they have a daughter named Meghan that is Olivia's age. They came over a couple times last week and Olivia and I had so much fun. I am excited to finally have someone that lives so close to talk and hang-out with. They play so cute together. I took a couple pictures of them sitting next to each other on the couch. Other than that I have been busy doing the usual Mom stuff...you know: Dishes, Laundry, Vacuuming, Organizing Kitchen Cupboards, Organizing Olivia's room, changing diapers etc. And sometime squeezed in there I have been working on a quilt out of material scraps that I had after I made all of my car seat blankets. Anyway, I am very impressed with myself 'cause I have never made a quilt like that before and the best part about it is that I didn't spend any money. I used stuff that I already had to make the quilt...that's the best. I promise to post pictures of the quilt as soon as I am finished! Happy Blogging!

5 comments:

Ken and Joy said...

yeah, a friend for Ya-Ya! That is great they live so close. I want to see your quilt when your done (or you can post some progress pictures, hint hint!).

Love ya!

Snort said...

It's great to have someone to borrow an egg from... and to ask to babysit when you need a break ;)

heidi said...

cool! way to go on the quilt, can't wait to see it

awesome, i'm glad you have a new friend, what would we do with out them & seriously to have someone so close hopefully that means you can get together lots and hang out

Kay said...

It would've been great if they would've actually been looking at the camera! Crazy Girls!

Grandma in NEAZ said...

I love the second photo because they WEREN'T looking at the camera. Fun!
Boo's Grandma and Kay's Mom in NEAZ