Friday, December 12, 2008

Santa and Cookies

So, my ward had our ward Christmas Party and Santa came. Olivia was so excited to "go to church to see Santa" She kept saying "hold on Santa I'm coming"! This year has been so much fun because she is really into Santa Clause, in fact this is the first year she actually sat on Santa's lap. It was so cute, Olivia had been telling me all day today what she was going to ask Santa for...of course a Strawberry Shortcake doll is still number one on her list. Kayten was one of the only babies to actually sit on Santa's lap and not cry. She kinda just looked at him and was like "whats up", then she kept starring at his beard like "right...I know that thing is fake!" here is a pic of her starring.
Olivia was excited to sit on his lap and a little giggly too.



You see the little goodie bag that Olivia has in her hand? Well, she wanted to open it sooooo bad because she just knew that her doll was in it. I had to explain to her that it was just some yummy treats from Santa and that he will only bring her her doll on Christmas IF she is a good girl. She was a little sad at first but then got over it quickly as she was eating all the candy!




Then the other day she was wanting to make sugar cookies with her new cookie cutters that Nanna bought her during Thanksgiving. She just couldn't wait to get out her little cookie roller!

The cookies were so tiny and since I'm not much of a sugar cookie kinda person I only have one cookie cutter and its a star...luckily that works for Christmas otherwise we would have ended up with a ton of tinny cookies. I enjoyed just mommy and Olivia time making cookies with my sweetheart while Kaytie Bug was taking her nap.

And then we enjoyed frosting and eating them....YUM!! I just LOVE this time of year!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

How fun! I love the picture of Kayten staring. Santa is such a mystery. Scary or Loveable???

LUNTS said...

I Love Oliva's face making the sugar cookies. She has really pretty eyes. Love it.

Snort said...

I am so jealous that you guys are still in capris and flip-flops! It's SNOWING here!

heidi said...

the girls look adorable with santa.

i have to laugh every time i see something that you have that i have too because we are so similar, i love it. i have that fake orchid too.

Kay said...

She has the cheesiest smiles in those pictures!