COLORS,
When we were away one of the times in Mesa my mom and I were asking Olivia what color different objects were and her response every time was BLUE no matter what color it was. This really bothered me because I had kind of been working on colors with her....at least to the point where she knew BLUE, BROWN and PINK or so I thought. So, my mom mentioned maybe she might be color blind and then Donovan jumps in and says "I don't think so, its just that BLUE is her favorite color!" My mom wasn't being rude in anyway we were just trying to figure out why she would only answer BLUE. Anyway, when we got home from our trip I was bound and determined to teach my little girl her colors!
So, for four days straight I would sit with her for a couple hours at a time and we would do color flash cards as well as read books and determine the colors in the books. I know, I am nuts! You think I would be determined to get my girl potty trained but instead I am determined that she knows her colors....is that silly? So after four hard days and now just fun color time each day, I am proud to say that Olivia knows PINK, BLUE, BROWN, GREEN, YELLOW, RED, BLACK, PURPLE (this is my favorite the way she says purple), ORANGE and WHITE! I know there are a lot more colors but I think for a 2 year old that is pretty dang GOOD! What do you think?
I figure if I can get her to learn colors than I should be able to potty train her. I am just not ready for all the messes and using of public bathrooms anytime we go somewhere....you know what I mean. I guess I need to just buckle down and get to it!!
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Learning Colors
Posted by Anonymous at 9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
come on get to the potty training, jk, i'm not looking forward to that either.
awesome with the colors, way to go
and sorry i missed your call last night, i got your message, i'll try to call tonight
Post a Comment