Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's been a while...

....AGAIN! I would rather not go into detail about my last 3 weeks it would take way to long but to sum it up, Yep...you guessed it, my girls were sick AGAIN. I can't catch a break. This time it was Kayten who was the sickest. Anyway, after much contemplation and realization Donovan and I have decided to invest in a couple of Air Purifiers. So I need help! Does anyone have this in their homes? If so, do you think it is effective? After researching Air Purifiers it seems like this will be an answer to our prayers but I thought it would be nice to get some input before we spend a lot of money!

On another note. My girls are getting so big. Olivia is Totally %100 potty trained, in a big girl bed and just growing up way to fast. Here is a picture of Olivia's new big girl bed. I promised I would post a picture so here it is!
Kayten is crawling like crazy and cut her first two bottom teeth. She has the BIGGEST temper and when she is mad she throws her head back, arches her back and screams at the top of her lungs LOL! Children, you gotta love 'um. She is now able to take baths with Olivia and she LOVES it. Here is a picture of their first bath together. Please excuse my 1980's bath tub. The original owner had a thing for the color blue and sea shells. Weird.

I had to take like 20 pictures because Olivia wouldn't cross her legs. So, this is as good as it gets....it makes me laugh!

On another note, I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me...that's not why I am posting this but I probable will only post a couple to three times a month for a while. As much as my Kayten is my little sweet heart she doesn't sleep at night and I get so exhausted that when I do have free time I try and take a nap. I am hoping over time she will grow out of this but in the mean time. I am here, I am a live (kinda) and we are all doing just fine. I am just trying to adjust and work out some kinks! Anyway, keep checking I will post every now and then! Lot of Love to you all!

6 comments:

heidi said...

love the room, & they look so cute in the bath.

i hope the little squirt get's over all this sickness and starts sleeping. if i find out anything on air purifires, i'll let you know

Snort said...

After Piper was born, she would get ear infections literally every other week and Adi had reaccuring UTI's- it was a nightmare! But I lived to tell the tale and I promise you will too... I do remember an acute loss of sleep though. Good luck and keep surviving!

Kay said...

Cute pictures! I love the tub! Isn't it amazing what used to be in style?!

Air purifiers, my sister bought one so I will ask her what she thinks. She didn't get it because her kids were getting sick, she got it for allergies but if I remember correctly that it helped. I will let you know...

Karli said...

My little guy used to have a terrible time sleeping too. Then I read "Healthy Sleep Habits: Happy Child" - it really helped a lot for us. Maybe it's worth a try.

Cute little girls you have though! Hope the sickness goes away soon and for a long time!

Breezy Skye said...

Olivia's room is so cute. And I am so sorry that you can't catch a break either. I so know how you are feeling. But everyone keeps saying.. "this too shall pass". I try to keep that in mind, but oh it is so hard to do sometimes. I really know about the no sleep issue. The first time Dutch slept through the night he was ten months old. I didn't think I would ever have a full nights rest again. David and I finally had to lay down the law and let him cry it out in his crib, it was way hard to do but totally worth it in the end. Anyways sorry to post a book, I wish you the best of luck.

{ Bethany } said...

First of all...I*LOVE*THAT*BATHTUB!!! Awesome.

I've been told that air purifiers don't really work, and if you REALLY want to purify your air, use your AC and buy a better filter- it runs all day, its got more power, and it gets all the air going through it. We are looking at having a a "hospital" grade filter installed at our house...for germs and dust!

Also, handwashing is the best defense against getting sick (this is the transplant mom talking, ha). "They" say you should wash hands 8xs a day, but we use hand sanitizer a lot, too. There is a bottle in every roon of the house, travel sizes in the car, backpacks, purses, diaper bags...and we're working on training the kids to wash their hands w/ soap and water after going to the bathroom, after eating, after coming in the house from being outside/at someone's house, etc. They're getting pretty good at it. :)

Oh, and lots of Lysol.