Well, the last few days for me have been, tiring, messy, frustrating and rewarding all at the same time. I finally decided to buckle down and Potty train my sweet Olivia...seeing how she will be 3 in a couple of months...I know, I know, I should have done this a long time ago. So, I thought I would give you the run down of my last few days:
Thursday: After my sweetie got home from work I ran to the dollar store and spent WAY TOO MUCH on a big bin with tons of $.25, $.50, $.75 and $1.00 prizes. I decided that I would reward her with a prize after she went pee pee or poo. So, I got home and attempted to start the potty training process by putting her into a pull-up and kept asking her if she needed to got potty. "you get to pick a prize out of the bin if you go pee pee or poo" So, she tried a few times on Thursday but nothing really happened.
Friday: Woke up and said "we are going to wear big girl panties, I bought you Dora and Care Bear panties" she was very excited and picked Dora. We had three pee accidents and then the rest of the day she went pee very well on the toilet! No, poo today because she had some in her diaper this morning...all in all...a successful day!
Saturday: Woke up put her in big girl panties by this time we only had Care Bears left because I needed to do laundry. She went poo in the morning for the first time, YEAH! I attempted to listen to conference...wasn't easy! Then I went and bought a Dora stool 'cause mommy was tired of lifting her onto the toilet EVERY 3 MINUTES! It was very successful. Olivia felt like a big big girl and would climb onto the toilet, go potty, and then yell "YEAH, I did it all by myself. now I get a prize!" No more lifting, thank goodness. She only had ONE pee accident...all in all...a successful day.
Sunday: Woke up put her in big girl panties again and to sum up this day she pooped in her panties 5 times WHAT THE HECK, and had 2 pee accidents I think it was hard for her because we went over to my friend Kay's house to watch conference and she got carried away with playing...understandable. Anyway, I was having an emotional day and started to cry "Mommy whats wrong?...I am just so tired of cleaning up your poo poo, can you PLEASE try and go poo poo in the toilet for mommy??? Oh yes, mommy I am so sorry, it's all right you are a good girl!" We ended the day on hugs and kisses.
Monday: Woke up thinking GREAT another day of cleaning up poop. Boy was I wrong. Olivia woke up went right to the potty and pooped all by herself. A couple hours later went poop again all by herself! NOT ONE ACCIDENT TODAY...all in all...a VERY successful day.
I would have to say, for the most part, my wonderful little girl is POTTY TRAINED and in only 5 days! 
I would have to say that the Toilet WINS! I bought Olivia a little potty but decided it would be just like changing a diaper...you still have to clean up the mess where as... a toilet you can just flush it away. Also, I would eventually have to break her of the little potty and train her to go on the big toilet...WAY MORE WORK! Even though I wasted my money on a potty, I am really glad I decided to just put her on the big toilet.
P.S. a step stool really helps!
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Potty Training.....YUCK!
Posted by Anonymous at 12:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
great job, we are considering potty training carlee when we get back from France, I just keep thinking she's still so young, what do you think?
i'll have to call you and talk to you all about it
but way to go, i'm sure that was really frustrating & i'm sure so rewarding.... no more diapers.
That is wonderful. I hated the potty training thing. You are awesome to get it done in 5 days. Great job.
First potty training...in a few years driver's training. Enjoy every minute of it! Don't you just love little girls!!
Great job, the both of you!!
Yeah! She's a big girl now! I am very proud of yah-yah!
Potty training stinks (hee, hee), but it is well worth it in the end... trust me!
hey sister - are you alive??? Just kidding! Love ya.
Post a Comment