Monday, August 31, 2009

An August Post!

Well, where do I start? I guess this posting once a month thing is starting to become a habit! Hey…at least I am posting, right? Anyway, August has flown by just as fast as July. Not much has happened except our little Turtle story (actually they are tortoises but the girls like “turtle” better). So, here is our little story (from the mouth of Olivia):

One day my daddy was driving in his patrol car, he is a police officer, and he almost ran over a turtle. So, my daddy brought the turtle home for us to play with. I like turtles a lot. Mommy didn’t know if it was a girl or a boy…but I didn’t care because I wanted to name the turtle Pixie! My mom has a friend who rescues and raises turtles so we took the turtle over to her house so she could teach me all about turtles. This is what I learned….Pixie is for sure a girl (YEAH) and she is about 6 years old. I think that means she is older than me but I am bigger than her so I am still older :o) Pixie is a Native Arizona Box Tortoise which means she can close up into a tight box to get away for the other animals that want to eat her. She is a special type of turtle that eats bugs and raw meat…not vegetables like lettuce. In fact Pixie LOVES worms! While we were visiting with my mommy’s friend some kids brought my mommy’s friend another turtle that they didn’t take very good care of. They said that they found this turtle by their house. They took nail polish and covered the turtles shell. I thought it looked really pretty but my mommy’s friend said that nail polish is not good to put on them because now that turtle can not go out into the wild. She will be eaten because all the animals can spot her now. My mommy’s friend took the turtle, cleaned her and fed her. The colorful turtle started to feel much better. My mommy tried to convince me to let Pixie stay with her friend but it made me said. So I suggested that we take the pretty turtle home with Pixie so she could have a friend. Mommy finally agreed and now we have two turtles Pixie and Ella (the colorful turtle). Daddy wanted to name at least one of them Tank but I told him he was silly ‘cause Tank is a boy name and we have two girl turtle’s that I LOVE and play with everyday. Ella eats a lot and likes to explore our backyard, she is very friendly. Pixie is a little bit shy, doesn’t eat a lot and loves to have her head rubbed….weird right? I hope mommy lets me keep them for a very very long time!!!

And that is our Turtle story. It has only been a week and I am already getting a little tired of them because I am the one cleaning up there poop and then I have to supervise the girls when they want to play with them and of course we have to go play with the turtles at least 3 times a day. Anyway, Olivia loves them so much so I guess I will just have to get used to cleaning up the poop :o)
On another note, here are some pictures of Kayten being silly. She loves putting on my shoes and her dad thought it would be funny to put his socks on her. I think the socks went all the way up to her diaper.

This picture was so funny because I had put a movie on for the girls for quiet time. I went to check on them and Kayten was watching the movie like this. Too funny! I guess movie boxes are the “cool hats” now a days!!


And then last but not least a picture of my sweet Olivia who said “Hey, mom take a picture of me! You always take pictures of Kayten” SAD, I think I do take more of Kayten (not on purpose). Is that bad? I guess I have to work on that.

4 comments:

Kay said...

We're starting to hear that in our house "Take a picture of ME instead of baby brother..." Glad to see you're still around and posting! :)

...But you know, I'm not phased by your lack of posting since I live 6 houses down, but if you ever move, you better get better!

Snort said...

Piper is always telling me that I never take pictures of her, too. And yet, my Pictures folder on this here computer is probably 50% her. Don't feel guilty over it!

Mauzy Fam said...

Hey Jordan - I'm changing my blog to private. If you'd like an invite email me your address to mauzy@cox.net.
Tamra

The Stradlings said...

Jordan, your girls are getting so big! You are so creative. I love the birthday party post! How old is Kayten? My little one is almost 20 months.
Amber